The Ministry of Solicitor General seeks applicants to fill upcoming vacancies on the Thames Centre Police Services Board.
The Corporation of the Municipality of Thames Centre entered into an Agreement with The Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services on July 12, 2010, for the provision of police services for the Municipality.
The level of service provided by the OPP policing contract can be found in the current Agreement (By-law 107-2019) in effect from January 1, 2020, to December 31, 2023, (based on a four (4) year term).
As a result of the Municipality entering into a contract with the OPP, a Police Services Board is required to be established.
Appointed Members and Staff Support
Council established a “Thames Centre Police Services Board” consisting of five members. As defined under the Police Services Act, a five member board consists of:
- the head of the municipal council or, if the head chooses not to be a member of the board, another member of the council appointed by resolution of the council;
- one member of the council appointed by resolution of the council;
- one person appointed by resolution of the council, who is neither a member of the council nor an employee of the municipality; and
- two persons appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council
- Jim Maudlsey, Chair - Community Representative
- Nancie Irving, Member - Provincial Representative
- Alison Warwick, Member - Council Representative
- Chris Patterson, Member - Council Representative
- Tena Michiels (Clerk), Secretary/Administrator
2021 Meeting Schedule
All meetings will be held in the Council Chambers at the Municipal Office, unless other specified.
The following are the dates established for the 2021 Thames Centre Police Services Board Meetings:
Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.Rescheduled to: Wednesday, September 29th at 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
Dates and times are subject to change
Agenda and Minutes