The Ministry of Solicitor General seeks applicants to fill upcoming vacancies on the Thames Centre Police Services Board.
The Corporation of the Municipality of Thames Centre entered into an Agreement with The Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services on July 12, 2010, for the provision of police services for the Municipality.
The level of service provided by the OPP policing contract can be found in the current Agreement (By-law 107-2019) in effect from January 1, 2020, to December 31, 2023, (based on a four (4) year term).
As a result of the Municipality entering into a contract with the OPP, a Police Services Board is required to be established.
Appointed Members and Staff Support
Council established a “Thames Centre Police Services Board” consisting of five members. As defined under the Police Services Act, a five member board consists of:
- the head of the municipal council or, if the head chooses not to be a member of the board, another member of the council appointed by resolution of the council;
- one member of the council appointed by resolution of the council;
- one person appointed by resolution of the council, who is neither a member of the council nor an employee of the municipality; and
- two persons appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council
- Nancie Irving, Member - Provincial Representative
- Michelle Smibert, Member - Council Representative
- Danielle Lockie, Member - Council Representative
- Jim Maudsley - Chair/Community Member
- Tena Michiels (Clerk), Secretary/Administrator
2023 Meeting Schedule
All meetings will be held in the Council Chambers at the Municipal Office, unless otherwise specified.
The following are the dates established for the 2023 Thames Centre Police Services Board Meetings:
Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 17, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.Rescheduled to Wednesday October 11, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Dates and times are subject to change.
Agenda and Minutes
Accessible formats and communication supports are available, upon request.