Licensing your dog could play a critical role in identifying your dog should it become lost or injured.
- All dogs in the municipality must have a valid license ("dog tag") and wear their dog tag
- The municipality issues a dog tag for the lifetime of your dog at no charge (as of January 1, 2022)
- Tags are to be kept each year unless lost or damaged, then it shall be replaced with a fee associated
- Persons who fail to purchase a dog license are eligible to be fined under the Provincial Offenses Act
DOG LICENSE FEES
|Replacement Dog Tag (lost, stolen, worn out)
|Kennel License Fee
|Appeal Hearing for Muzzle Order or Dangerous Dog Designation
Changes - moving and/or death of a pet
- The Municipality contracts the services of Hillside Kennels Animal Control to provide animal control services.
- Hillside Kennels Animal Control can be contacted at 519-469-3247
- Animal Control By-law 63-2022
ANIMAL DISTRESS OR ABUSE
The Province of Ontario has established a toll-free number, 1-833-9-ANIMAL (264625) for people to report concerns about animal distress or abuse. This call centre is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
RUNNING AT LARGE
- If you observe a dog running at large, please contact Hillside Kennels at 519-469-3247
- The running at large of dogs is prohibited within the Municipality
- Every owner of a dog within the Municipality shall ensure that the dog is at all times restrained upon a leash and under the effective control of a person, when it is not confined to the dwelling unit or property of its owner of the person having the care or custody (Animal Control Bylaw 63-2022)
- Any resident wishing to operate a dog kennel or boarding facility must obtain a Kennel License
- The property must be properly zoned to accommodate a kennel or boarding facility
- Fee: $156.00 per year
- There are certain zoning requirements and standards for kennels so make sure to contact the Municipal Office before building any type of kennel structure, etc.