By-law Enforcement


Report a Problem 


Animal Licensing

The Animal Control By-law requires that all dogs in the Municipality of Thames Centre be licenced annually. A licence allows Animal Control to identify your pet and get in touch with you should your pet become lost or injured.

  • Every owner of a dog is required to obtain a license for their dog
  • Dog Tags are to be renewed on an annual basis
  • The renewal fee is due on February 28th of each calendar year
  • Tags are to be kept each year unless lost or damaged, then it shall be replaced
  • Persons who fail to purchase a dog license are eligible to be fined under the Provincial Offenses Act
  • Dog License Application
  • Dangerous Dog License Application



First dog in any household $20.00
Second and any subsequent dog in any household $30.00
Kennel License Fee $125.00
Animal Control
  • The Municipality contracts the services of Hillside Kennels Animal Control to assist in animal control matters
  • Hillside Kennels Animal Control (1-888-469-3247) will make special calls to pick up stray dogs, which are confined
  • Animal Control By-law 6-2018



  • If you observe a dog running at large, please contact the Municipal Office
  • The running at large of dogs is prohibited within the municipality
  • Every dog within the Township, when not confined to the dwelling or property of its owner or of the person having the care or custody of the same, shall at all times be restrained upon a leash and in charge of some person
Kennel Licensing
  • Any person who wishes to obtain a kennel license, must complete a Kennel License Application Form
  • Fee: $125.00 per year
  • There are certain zoning requirements and standards for kennels so make sure to contact the Municipal Office before building any type of kennel structure, etc.
Overnight Parking

Overnight parking is not permitted on any Municipal roads between the hours of 2:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. year round, according to By-law 35-2017 and By-law 41-2019

Property Standards
For Questions Contact:

Mauro Castrilli

Job Title
Building Inspector/By-Law Enforcement Officer
Planning and Development Services
ext. 240

Aaron Stewardson

Job Title
CBCO/Chief Building Official/By-Law Enforcement Officer
Planning and Development Services
ext. 225