The Municipality of Thames Centre Finance Department is responsible for the billing and collection of all interim, final and supplementary property tax billings from residential and non-residential properties.
2018 Tax Rates
2019 Rates Are to Be Determined
What Do Your Taxes Cover?
Your taxes provide the following services:
- Road plowing and sanding
- General government services
- Fire protection services
- Protective inspections
- Street lighting
- Animal control
- Recreation facilities
- Parks and open spaces
- Seniors' Centre and programs
- Road maintenance, signage
- Planning and zoning services
- Municipal drains, tile drain loans
- Policing services
- Cemetery Management
2019 Tax Due Dates
INTERIM DUE DATES:
- February 27
- May 30
FINAL DUE DATES ARE TBD
Tax Billing and Payments
Please see Billing and Payments for full details
Tax Certificates provide the current status of a tax account including taxes levied, payments made and penalties accrued (if applicable). They also confirm the owners and legal description of a property. Water/Sewage account balances, local Improvement charges and any other General Accounts Receivable balances (if applicable) are included on the tax certificate.
- Requests can be received by fax with a copy of the cheque but the original documentation and cheque must be mailed as well
- Fax number is 519-268-3928
- Regular Tax Certificate: $50.00 for a response within 3-5 business days via fax
- Rush Tax Certificate: $75.00 for a response within 1-2 days via fax or email
- Request for Reconsideration (RFR)
If you disagree with the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation's (MPAC) assessment or classification of your property, a Request for Reconsideration (RFR) can be filed and MPAC will review your assessment, free of charge.
The deadline to file an RFR with MPAC is printed on your Property Assessment Notice. If you do not have your Property Assessment Notice, contact MPAC to request a copy.
To file a request for Reconsideration, please visit the MPAC Website
- Form Section 357/358
If the status of your property changes due to:
- Ceases to be liable for tax at rate it was taxed
- Became exempt
- Razed by fire, demolition or otherwise
- Damaged and substantially unusable
- Sickness or extreme poverty
- Mobile unit removed
- Gross or manifest clerical/factual error
- Repair/Reno preventing normal use (min 3 months)
A form Section 357/358 must be completed and filed with Municipal staff by February 28th in the year following the reason for application.
Correction to Address Information on Property Tax Bill
If you have a correction to your assessment roll, i.e. address change or spelling corrections, a Correction to Assessment Roll Form must be submitted to the Municipal Office.
Note: Legal name changes MUST be processed through your lawyer.
Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)
The assessment of a property is determined by MPAC. The value of the property is reflective of the January 1st, 2016 Market Value. If you have any questions regarding your assessment, please contact MPAC at 1-866-296-6722 or refer to the MPAC Website